[GCompris-devel] gcompris [Sailfish OS]

Holger Kaelberer hk at elberer.de
Tue Jan 13 08:15:52 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 01/12/2015 07:22 PM, Bruno Coudoin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Some more thinking on this topic, we should question our usage of QtQuickDialogs  in GCompris. I see
> several issues with it.
>
> First we found no easy way to provide the translations for the stock button 'YES' and 'NO'.
> Currently we don't have translation for these strings.

... and we probably can't rely on the translations being shipped with the Qt SDK, as these seem to
be there (in the case of qtquickcontrols) only for a couple of languages.

> Second we would like to put icons beside the 'yes' and 'no' buttons for our non readers users and
> this is not possible.

This would be possible subclassing the Dialog element as is done in the case of DownloadDialog.

> Last, on desktop the dialog window is detached and it's confusing, it would be better to have a gray
> area hiding the game area and a centered cute dialog on top of it.

Afaik, this is not possible with Dialog. Dialog is probably bound to the platform's dialog handling
-- which is a seperate widget in case of linux, not in the case of Android.

Holger