[GCompris-devel] Artwork Guidelines

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Tue Feb 10 00:11:01 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I don't have many opinion on these aspects of the discussion. Just food
for though, here we are mostly talking about the backgrounds. We have to
take care that they do not hurt the reading of the activity itself that
will be put on it. For instance dark border are problematic if you
consider the falling word. In this case a black word on the black border
makes it hard to read. This is why we had to put the color the falling
word but it is always easier to read in black or in white.

One important point in your rework maybe to consider adapting the
drawing to the difficulty level. We have levels from 1 to 6 where 1
being reserved for children who don't read. It would make sense to make
toddler oriented drawing for the smaller level and some more suitable
for older children for higher levels.

Another aspect I'd love being considered is to be multi cultural. As it
would be too hard to make a skin per culture, we could just consider
mixing cultural theme among activities.