[gcompris-devel] Global learning XPRIZE

Frederico Goncalves Guimaraes frederico at teia.bio.br
Wed Sep 24 01:35:15 UTC 2014

hi Marius and others,

Consta no registro MK23012 do Livro da Grande Teia que
Marius, em 23/09/14 escreveu o seguinte:

> I think the infrastructure is mostly there (I've only seen the gtk
> version), it just needs more voice content. I think to make it more
> autonomous the voice prompts must be used a lot more and with more
> detail by default with an option to tone it down.

I don't think there is a direct relation between more voices and
autonomy. To rewrite the digital manual to make it more detailed could
be more effective.

> Eg. When the program starts the voice prompt should start explaining
> what is going on on the screen, but there could be a big button to
> stop the current explanation. In each activity the voice prompt
> should explan what to do in detail until stopped. From time to time
> it could also offer more hints and ideas for exploring further.

I see some problems with it. First, the size of voices files, that
would grow GCompris size significantly. Second, it would be a HUGE work
to make all these records. And third, enable this by default would be
very annoying, specially if you have a laboratory with many users
playing with GCompris.  :-)

Best regards,

Frederico
--
Linux User #228171
Sítio pessoal: http://teia.bio.br

"Liberdade, essa palavra que o sonho humano alimenta, que não há
ninguém que explique e ninguém que não entenda." (Cecília Meireles)