[gcompris-devel] GCompris's future

Yves Combe yves at ycombe.net
Mon Feb 10 22:25:12 UTC 2014

Le 10/02/2014 22:09, Bruno Coudoin a écrit :
> Le 10/02/2014 21:02, Yves Combe a écrit :
>> http://gcompris.net/incoming/android/
>> Rapid test:
>>
>> Looks like double-tap is needed to launch activity.
Sorry. Simple-tap do it, but it's really slow. See below.

>> It crashes when enter "Click on me", and at the end of hexagone after
>> the strawberry appears. Is there somewhere in android a log?
>>
> Well, I suspect the particles generating the crash.
In "click on me" the crash is at start, are  there particles at start?

> I suggest you to setup the development environment as explained
> basically here:
> http://gcompris.net/wiki/Qt_Quick_development_process
Sure I will do it! I have a smartphone now, saved from trash. It was
interesting for me to save it and hack it with CyanogenMod.

Now my Defy on Cyanogen Mod is ready (battery was empty...) and i have
make another test: it works!

apk crashes on official android 4.2.2  on asus tab (asus, not acer), and
works on unofficial android 4.1.2 from CyanogenMod on defy. And the
motorola defy is an old smartphone, without lot of memory: despite of
that,  your apk is more, really more reactive on the defy. CM is a great
project. Something make your apk difficult to use on the tab. I will
investigate that point.

> Then edit the code to remove ParticlesSystem in:
> https://github.com/bdoin/GCompris-qt/blob/master/src/activities/hexagon/Hexagon.qml
>
> Run the code on the tablet to see if this is fixed. If this is confirmed
> we will have to check if this is a know issue on
> https://bugreports.qt-project.org and if not report the bug.
>
> By the way, I am more than happy to see your still around after all this
> years. Are you interesting in porting some activities?
Yep. Let me find how to install all the stuff in my debian box.

--
yes