[GCompris-devel] Translation of gcompris-qt

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Fri Dec 5 21:31:01 UTC 2014

Le 05/12/2014 15:17, Keanu Boon a écrit :
> Hi,
> As a Java developer I am not in my comfort zone with the Qt
> development process. I understand the structure of the basic
> components and the purpose of the make BuildTranslations and make
> UpdateTranslations scripts and the confusing in the naming. But they
> are still not working for me. With the createLocale.sh tool I managed
> to create a ts (which is a basic xml) file from the legacy po for my
> language. From there I used a quick and dirty hack in java to do the
> translation (far from complete) in the qml files
> https://github.com/jan438/XMLWithAtrributes
> Once the documentation is up to date and the tools are working for me
> I can give feedback of the results.

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in this task but I am not sure about what you
are doing. We have all the tools needed to let translator collaborate on
the translation.

As I am not a translator myself I cannot guide you but you should find
all the information you need there:
http://l10n.kde.org/

The first step is to join a translation team to coodinate the effort.