[gcompris-devel] Request for help for Afrikaans, Spanish and German voices

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Sun Jun 2 13:10:37 UTC 2013

Hi,

Isabelle from Arts4apps sent me a zip file for Afrikaans, Spanish and
German voices.

In order to integrate them in GCompris some work has to be done by a
speaker of each of these languages.

The first step is to pick a voice set:
http://gcompris.net/incoming/Afrikaans_Words_Mp3.zip
http://gcompris.net/incoming/Spanish_words_mp3.zip
http://gcompris.net/incoming/German_Words_Mp3.zip

Now comes the tricky part. Each audio file must be renamed to their
english counterpart and a file content.txt must contains the association
between the file and the word in the target language. For example in French:
children.ogg:enfant

You can keep the files with the .mp3 extension for now, I'll convert
them to ogg before committing them.

The text after the comma can be multi words.

You can see here the French content.txt:
http://gcompris.net/incoming/lang/lang/content_fr.txt

And here the English one:
http://gcompris.net/incoming/lang/lang/content.txt

You can browse the image files with the English text and a link to hear
the English voice if present there:
http://gcompris.net/incoming/lang/words.html

There are some missing images. We can include them in the list of images
to request to Isabelle.

Please notify here if you are working on it so that the effort is not
duplicated.