[gcompris-devel] Regarding development of Shapes activity for gCompris

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Tue Mar 6 07:01:43 UTC 2012

Le dimanche 04 mars 2012 à 12:43 +0530, Atri Sharma a écrit :
> Thanks Bruino.
>
> I had a look at Tangra.I believe we can add a suggestion facility to
> it(one which suggest shapes to the kid).

It is not that easy to implement and so I don't think the added value is
worth it. Also, with this children will tend to use the suggest feature
instead of thinking which is not what we are looking for.

> Also,I was thinking of a system which will focus on development of a
> child's logical and problem solving skills.We can create a world in
> which,kids will have to solve a variety of real world problem(like
> drawing water from well,for example).They will have a character to
> control,to which,they have to exactly define the steps to follow(fetch
> rope,go to well,attach rope to pully etc.).
>
> The system will have the solution to each problem in its database and
> problems can be added with just adding the problem in the world.and
> its solution in a specified form.

This sounds complex to do, especially on the graphical side. Did you
made some research on the topic, have you some examples to show that it
is valuable in pedagogical terms?