[gcompris-devel] Some doubts

jasmine udea udea_jasmine at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 16 03:21:18 UTC 2012

Dear Sirs

Translating the strings of the activities GCompris, I cross with words or expressions, that in English may have several meanings and in Armenian we have a word or an expression for each meaning, so need to know in which meaning the word or the expression is used (as we, the translators, often have no idea of the context). Sometimes, because not having access to the context, a word or an expression seem strange and provoke doubt.

For ex.

GCompric_Temp, gcompris.po.  string 288, speaks about "cultural references". can't guess what cultural reference it is about? No context to support this expression.

Thank you.
With regards
Jasmine