[gcompris-devel] L10n + Gcompriz + Quechua in Peru

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Tue Sep 20 20:45:50 UTC 2011

Le mardi 20 septembre 2011 à 20:09 +0000, Aleksey Lim a écrit :
> Bruno: If I got it right, the current .po translation process is
> changing .po directly and somehow share them to commit? If yes, it
> might
> be useful to have tools like Pootle[1] to let not technical people
> translate GC in more convenient way. What do you think about hosting
> GC's .po files on Sugar Labs Pootle instance [2]. We can start to
> figure
> out how it might be implemented and start from new language (btw, it
> will be a good chance to rehash sugar patch for GC to push it to
> upstream at the end)?

Hi,

Thanks everybody for your interest in GCompris. Concerning the
translation, we are hosted by Gnome and get the help of their
translation team. As far as I am concerned, this process works pretty
well for GCompris and I don't see a good reason to change.

By the way, for languages without a Gnome translation team, I accept to
commit myself the translations.

Please note that GCompris requires more than just the .po file, there
are a lot of documentation on our wiki there:
http://gcompris.net/wiki/Developer%27s_corner