[gcompris-devel] Win 2000 - WS2_32.dll problem

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Sun Mar 20 17:29:54 UTC 2011

Le mardi 15 mars 2011 à 21:01 +0100, petr novy a écrit :
> Dear
>
> I have one  question about GCompris for win 2000.
>
> Installation was successfull, but when I tried to run it, firstly I got an error about missing MSVCR90.dll. I understood that it is some runtime for VC so I downloaded it from the net and placed in the \WINNT\system32\ directory.
> Then i got the error - "entry point for freeaddrinfo doesn’t exists in WS2_32.dll"
>
> Do you think that there will be solution in near future ?

I made a try with the proposed solution but it did not worked. So sadly,
now Windows 2000 is unsupported.

I just changed the configuration on sourceforge to let anybody access
all the old files. I suggest you to try to find there an old version of
GCompris that works on Windows 2000. If you find it, feel free to share
it on the list:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gcompris/files/Old_Files/