[gcompris-devel] Little feature request (colors activity)

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Sun Mar 13 20:40:56 UTC 2011

Le dimanche 13 mars 2011 à 19:18 +0100, Daniel Le Berre a écrit :
> Dear all,
>
> I have a small feature request regarding the basic color activity.
>
> My third son has some difficulty to learn colors, so I use GCompris to
> let him learn colors in a friendly environment :)

Good choice ;)

> I noticed that the colored ducks are always placed at the same position.

Yes, and you are true, this is sad.

> Would it be possible to have the ducks randomly arranged each time the
> activity is launched?

This is funny because I am currently working on the new activity engine
targeting the color activity. It started after a request on the french
list to make a color like activity but to learn musical instruments.

I started to code a new activity which will have all its content defined
in a data file. Currently the color activity is hard coded and it was
not though to randomize the questions. Also in my implementation, you
can mix the text, image or audio mode at the question level or at the
item selection. It is a little bit hard to explain, I have not commited
yet but it starts to work as I wish.

And yes, the color activity will be the first to be reworked to use the
new engine.