[gcompris-devel] [GSoc]Games + ReadingWriting

Alex Burghelea alexandru.burghelea at cti.pub.ro
Mon Apr 4 19:17:27 UTC 2011

On 4/4/2011 12:41 AM, Bruno Coudoin wrote:
> Le samedi 02 avril 2011 à 22:53 +0300, Alex Burghelea a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have made a draft form of my application [1]
>> <http://swarm.cs.pub.ro/%7Eaburghelea/GSoC/GCompris%20Educational%20Activities%20Development-1.docx>.
>>
>> <http://swarm.cs.pub.ro/%7Eaburghelea/GSoC/GCompris%20Educational%20Activities%20Development-1.docx>
>>
>> I would like to know what you think.
>>
> Hi,
>
> First, I found it odd that you decided to use send the document in
> the .docx format instead of the more natural .odt a produced natively by
> openoffice / libreoffice.
For the past week I've been working on Windows-based assignment and
haven't switched
of since. I didn't think it would be such a big deal.
I have uploaded a .odt version of the application, based on your
suggestions.
http://swarm.cs.pub.ro/~aburghelea/GSoC/
> Could you please explain what you mean in: "For the Alphabet Set I plan
> to implement a pronunciation engine able to give hints; it will allow
> easier matching of upper to lower-case. The same engine will be used for
> the "Dictation of letters" activity."
>
> In 'Game Tutorials' you are too generic, I have a hard time to imagine
> what you plan to implement there.
>
> Concerning the checkers, you should be more precise about how you plan
> to code it, what feature it will have, which rules you are going to
> implements, in which language, ...
>
> Anagram poses a major dictionary problem. We could pick the system
> dictionary but then we may propose 'bad words'. Unless we can find a
> good solution for this, we'd better don't implement it.
I removed it for know, if i find a good external service API for
sentimental analysis
until the application deadline i will include it in the proposal again,
if not. I will
use only this ideas.
> For the checkers, what do you mean in: "Implement
> serialization/deserialization for saving and loading options."
I meant converting the board / game into a format that can be stored
into a file
(for serialization ) and then loaded back into the game (serialization)
This is the concept i was aiming at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serialization
I could use something like
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_draughts#Notation
but most probably a Portable Game Notation .

> Bruno.

Alex.