[gcompris-devel] [GSoc]Games + ReadingWriting

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Mon Apr 4 22:48:05 UTC 2011

Le lundi 04 avril 2011 à 22:17 +0300, Alex Burghelea a écrit :
> I meant converting the board / game into a format that can be stored
> into a file
> (for serialization ) and then loaded back into the game
> (serialization)
> This is the concept i was aiming at:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serialization
> I could use something like
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_draughts#Notation
> but most probably a Portable Game Notation .

Ok, This is what I understood but was not sure. I don't think it is an
important feature. This kind of game is usually played fast enough to
remove the need for load/save. We use load/save only for the children
creation.

The spirit of GCompris is to let the children discover activities that
are simplified for them. If they need a full featured checker activity
with load / save they will pick a specific application.