[gcompris-devel] [GSoc]Games + ReadingWriting

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Sun Apr 3 21:41:16 UTC 2011

Le samedi 02 avril 2011 à 22:53 +0300, Alex Burghelea a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have made a draft form of my application [1]
> <http://swarm.cs.pub.ro/%7Eaburghelea/GSoC/GCompris%20Educational%20Activities%20Development-1.docx>.
> <http://swarm.cs.pub.ro/%7Eaburghelea/GSoC/GCompris%20Educational%20Activities%20Development-1.docx>
> I would like to know what you think.

Hi,

First, I found it odd that you decided to use send the document in
the .docx format instead of the more natural .odt a produced natively by
openoffice / libreoffice.

Could you please explain what you mean in: "For the Alphabet Set I plan
to implement a pronunciation engine able to give hints; it will allow
easier matching of upper to lower-case. The same engine will be used for
the “Dictation of letters” activity."

In 'Game Tutorials' you are too generic, I have a hard time to imagine
what you plan to implement there.

Concerning the checkers, you should be more precise about how you plan
to code it, what feature it will have, which rules you are going to
implements, in which language, ...

Anagram poses a major dictionary problem. We could pick the system
dictionary but then we may propose 'bad words'. Unless we can find a
good solution for this, we'd better don't implement it.

For the checkers, what do you mean in: "Implement
serialization/deserialization for saving and loading options."