[gcompris-devel] Bruno goes Brazil

Fionn Ziegler fionnziegler at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 08:37:55 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 12:56 AM, Bruno Coudoin
<bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net> wrote:
> Le lundi 11 octobre 2010 à 15:27 +0200, Fionn Ziegler a écrit :
>> Have a nice trip!!
>> By the way: whats happened to the draw-chat-add-on? Did you receive
>> it?
>
> Yes, I got it but did not checked yet. I am focussed on the wiktionary
> to xml work. So far I have been able to get some results there:
> http://gcompris.net/wiki/Wiktionary_to_XML
>
> Anyway, I will integrate your work before the next release.
>
>> Currently I am working on a small game in GCompris: A bad guy
>> (something like a thief) is throwing trash from the top of the screen
>> and the child must control a bin to catch the falling trash :-) Its
>> quite funny. The child is training reaction, coordination (left/right)
>> and throwing the trash into the bin (not in the street)!
>
> Hum, I am not a teacher but I feel the educational purpose is too small
> for GCompris. This kind of training reaction is the basis of most games
> and I don't see the value to have this in GCompris.
>
> Other advices ?

I have been 1 year in a "third-world" country. I think it's a good way
avoiding the children to throw the trash in the environment (the
game-screen backgrounds are from the street, beach, river.......).
Also had a lot handicapped children, they don't are able to play the
"advanced" games. Even 1+1 is too much nor spell their own name. Maybe
you can call it "environmental education"

But if you really think it's not fitting, please tell me...