[gcompris-devel] gcompris 8.4.13 on windows - keyboard issue

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Sun Jan 3 20:41:17 UTC 2010

Hi,

Just a little remark, it seems like you did hit reply to on a previous
mail instead of new. This breaks following mails in threading mode.

Le dimanche 03 janvier 2010 à 14:56 +0100, denis a écrit :
> Happy new year everybody.
>
> My second son is 2y 1/2 and is discovering gcompris 8.4.13 on Windows XP
> on my wife's computer. In fact I configured gcompris fullscreen, and I
> added the --disable-quit and --disable-config options to be sure that he
> does not go elsewhere in Windows. I can tell you he is already very
> proud to find his way with the "Windows" key that allows him to start
> other programs like the file browser or the web browser.

Great.

> So my question is : does anyone know how to disable windows keystrokes
> or keyboard shortcuts when running gcompris fullscreen.

I don't understand what you are willing to do here.

>  I have a second
> question : when coming back to gcompris from the Windows screen saver,
> after typing the password, I cannot quit gcompris with CTRL-Q. Is this a
> known issue ?

This is obviously a bug, this is the first time it is reported to me.
Probably an issue in GTK itself, I don't see what we can do in GCompris
itself, at least we should track the keycodes to understand what's going
on. BTW, I don't plan to work on this soon, not the priority.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net  Free educational software for kids