[gcompris-devel] First Windows version of GCompris 9

F Wolff friedel at translate.org.za
Wed Feb 10 08:55:30 UTC 2010

Op So, 2010-02-07 om 11:45 +0100 skryf Bruno Coudoin:
> Le dimanche 07 février 2010 à 08:27 +0200, F Wolff a écrit :
> > > I don't get it. One improvement on windows is that now we have the same
> > > cute cursors we have on GNU/Linux. In my test it works fine and I have a
> > > hard time understanding your explanation.
> >
> > I don't have access to the machine right now, but I can try to explain a
> > bit better:
> >
> > I saw two pointers:  the GCompris pointer (big red by default), as well
> > as the normal pointer shown in Windows in other applications.  If I
> > bring in the mouse from the right hand side of the window (moving slowly
> > over the window border), the mouse pointer changes to the horizontal
> > resize icon (<-->). When the pointer is inside GCompris, this pointer
> > remains visible, in addition to the red GCompris pointer.
>
> Really strange, I don't see how this we could do this in GCompris.
> Are you using this PC locally or remotely through rdesktop or vnc ?

Yes, I forgot to mention.  I was testing this over remote desktop.  The
machine doesn't have a monitor. If you have reason to believe that this
is the reason for what I'm seeing, I'm happy to ignore this. I don't
think remote desktop is an important usecase for gcompris :-)

> > Could there maybe be dependencies that I don't have installed (that
> > aren't packaged in the setup file?
> >

> Maybe but I don't think so, I installed it on a PC I use for testing
> which does not have my development environment.

Now that I think about it, my machine has quite a few bits like gtk,
python, etc. installed. I can't remove it to test, but if you think this
might be relevant, maybe we should ignore some of my bugs.

Friedel

--
Recently on my blog:
http://translate.org.za/blogs/friedel/en/content/it-seems-my-web-browser-unique