[gcompris-devel] On track for 9.1 this Week End.

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Tue Feb 9 23:01:19 UTC 2010

Le mardi 09 février 2010 à 23:19 +0100, denis.a.b a écrit :
> Today the gcompris 9.1.1 is in the offcial fedora "updates" repository.
> I installed it and at first look I can tell:
> - Great look though the black menus are a bit less "happy" than the
> former red ones.

I agree, graphic artist are welcome, just edit the file skin.svg.

> - Obvious big performance issue, it is quickly becoming VERY slow
> everywhere after a few games.

I am not that happy with the performance but never saw a degradation
over time. Can you make the test without the sounds (gcompris -m).

> - Absolutely no error message in the text command window.
> - I could not test further on, since the delays are huge everywhere.
> As far as I remember, the 9.0.3-fc11 was much better on performance
> issues.
>
> P.S.: I am 100% up to date with the current Fedora 12 repositories.
> For information my PC is a 2.4GHz Celeron, 256Mb RAM, 32Mb graphic
> memory. I switched from Fedora 11 to Fedora 12 a few weeks ago :-)

Hum, not a high end machine by modern standard. Over time as we load
images, they end up in a cache in GTK. Perhaps there is a lot of swap
going on on your system after a while. Perhaps we have a memory leak in
one or more activities.

Hum, I tested entered / exiting bargame activity and I confirm that we
have a leak. I suspect the python plugin because I could not reproduce
on a C based activity.

I'll have a look asap.