[gcompris-devel] Help for testing GCompris on Windows

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Fri Oct 16 20:55:52 UTC 2009

Le mardi 13 octobre 2009 à 11:25 +0200, F Wolff a écrit :
> Op Ma, 2009-10-12 om 20:17 +0200 skryf Bruno Coudoin:
> >
> In the "Click and Draw" activity (joining the lines), I get a display
> problem if I click on the help between the "congratulations" screen and
> the next picture with dots being drawn.  In that case the dots are drawn
> on top of the help text and the game is already active to some extent
> (if I can see the blue dot and click on it, it reacts as in the game).
> I am testing this trough Windows terminal services if this matters.

Fixed, the bar is de-activated once you win to avoid this.

> In the electric game and in the "animation" activity, I started getting
> both the application mouse pointer as well as the OS pointer.

This is a more complex issue. I never complained on the gtk windows
mailing list about that. I don't know how to fix that, it's probably a
gtk on windows bug. For now I prefer to keep it this way, the other
solution is not to use cute pointers at all.

> In the word processor, typing does not work right from the start, it is
> necessary to click in the editor first - not sure if that is intended.

Fixed.

> In the chat activity, there was no feedback when typing the channel
> name, so it seemed not to work. It worked when a message was typed, but
> it was a bit surprising.  I was testing between a Windows machine and my
> Linux machine, which might have a firewall subtly breaking things, so
> you might want to ignore this.

This is the way it is intended to work. In fact the children have to
agree on a channel name in real life. This is also a 'security' issue to
avoid children joining groups they are not invited in.

> In the water cycle activity, I finished the activity, clicked on exit,
> and the whole program quit (not just the activity). I was in full
> screen, and using the gartoon skin if it matters.  It doesn't seem to be
> 100% reproducible.

I could reproduce it on the first test here. Then started the debugger
and could not reproduce it :/

> I haven't seen GCompris in Arabic before, but it doesn't seem to have an
> RTL interface. Is that known, or is it an issue with the new version?

GCompris works in RTL (Right to Left). We have made some fix for that.
What do you mean that is not working ?

> I could not find the Tuxpaint activity - I guess it is because I don't
> have it installed on the same machine.

I do not provide Tuxpaint on Windows.

> In the admin module, I saw a typo:  "Default profil for gcompris". I
> assume that should be "Default profile for GCompris".

Thanks, will fix in next release, I prefer not to break the
translations.

> I hope that helps!

Sure it does, Thanks.

--