[gcompris-devel] Help for testing GCompris on Windows

F Wolff friedel at translate.org.za
Tue Oct 13 09:25:02 UTC 2009

Op Ma, 2009-10-12 om 20:17 +0200 skryf Bruno Coudoin:

> Hi all,
>
> Finally found what was wrong. Please have a test with this release and
> report any problem found on the list:
> http://gcompris.net/incoming/gcompris-8.4.13.exe
>
> I no news for a couple of days I will make this the new official
> release
> and bye bye long revered 8.3.x branch.
>
> Bruno.

Thank you for your work on this, Bruno.  I'm trying to quickly test a
few things.  I have never used some of these activities, so my feedback
might be more general than you want for this Windows version.  I did not
have sound equipment to test sound.

In the "Click and Draw" activity (joining the lines), I get a display
problem if I click on the help between the "congratulations" screen and
the next picture with dots being drawn.  In that case the dots are drawn
on top of the help text and the game is already active to some extent
(if I can see the blue dot and click on it, it reacts as in the game).
I am testing this trough Windows terminal services if this matters.

In the electric game and in the "animation" activity, I started getting
both the application mouse pointer as well as the OS pointer.

In the word processor, typing does not work right from the start, it is
necessary to click in the editor first - not sure if that is intended.

In the chat activity, there was no feedback when typing the channel
name, so it seemed not to work. It worked when a message was typed, but
it was a bit surprising.  I was testing between a Windows machine and my
Linux machine, which might have a firewall subtly breaking things, so
you might want to ignore this.

In the water cycle activity, I finished the activity, clicked on exit,
and the whole program quit (not just the activity). I was in full
screen, and using the gartoon skin if it matters.  It doesn't seem to be
100% reproducible.

I haven't seen GCompris in Arabic before, but it doesn't seem to have an
RTL interface. Is that known, or is it an issue with the new version?

I could not find the Tuxpaint activity - I guess it is because I don't
have it installed on the same machine.

In the admin module, I saw a typo:  "Default profil for gcompris". I
assume that should be "Default profile for GCompris".

I hope that helps!

Keep well
Friedel

--