[gcompris-devel] GCompris release 8.5RC3

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Wed Nov 18 12:42:34 UTC 2009

Le mercredi 18 novembre 2009 à 09:43 -0200, Frederico Goncalves
Guimaraes a écrit :
> Hi Bruno and everybody else,
>
> > I wanted to be sure it is equivalent or better than the 8.4 branch.
> > Today I completed the work on the animation activity. It provides the
> > ability to re-edit frames at will so it is much more fun to use.
>
> It's a great improvement! A lot of teachers here in Brazil use this
> tool and miss this feature.  :-)

Great, at least i'll be popular in Brazil ;)

> > I consider the development as completed and this release candidate is
> > our latest change to test it and fix bugs. I will call for
> > translations asap.
>
> I'm ready for the call...  ;-)

Translations are done through the Gnome translation team when there is
one in place for the locale. If not I accept to commit the translation
directly.

> > It is time for you to help, please test it extensively and report bugs
> > here or in our bugzilla.
> >
> > The release is only available as source, you can find it there:
> > https://sourceforge.net/projects/gcompris/files/gcompris/8.5PRE3/gcompris-8.5PRE3.tar.gz/download
>
> Bruno, it's possible to publish the compilation dependencies for
> GCompris. I searched on wiki, but found just this reference:
>
> "This is especially true for GCompris since it has numerous external
> dependencies that you will have to install first. You can have a look
> at our Developer's corner do get help in the compilation process."
>
> But the link to "Developer's corner" didn't help me either.

Hum, this is anoying to keep a such list up to date. In fact this is the
role of the configure step to manage this. Perhaps our is uncomplete or
wrong but this is where our efforts must be put.