[gcompris-devel] GCompris release 8.5RC3

Frederico Goncalves Guimaraes fgguimaraes at teia.bio.br
Wed Nov 18 11:43:28 UTC 2009

Hi Bruno and everybody else,

Consta no registro %BC12284 do Livro da Grande Teia que,
em 12/11/09, Bruno escreveu o seguinte:

> I wanted to be sure it is equivalent or better than the 8.4 branch.
> Today I completed the work on the animation activity. It provides the
> ability to re-edit frames at will so it is much more fun to use.

It's a great improvement! A lot of teachers here in Brazil use this
tool and miss this feature.  :-)

> I consider the development as completed and this release candidate is
> our latest change to test it and fix bugs. I will call for
> translations asap.

I'm ready for the call...  ;-)

> It is time for you to help, please test it extensively and report bugs
> here or in our bugzilla.
>
> The release is only available as source, you can find it there:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/gcompris/files/gcompris/8.5PRE3/gcompris-8.5PRE3.tar.gz/download

Bruno, it's possible to publish the compilation dependencies for
GCompris. I searched on wiki, but found just this reference:

"This is especially true for GCompris since it has numerous external
dependencies that you will have to install first. You can have a look
at our Developer's corner do get help in the compilation process."

But the link to "Developer's corner" didn't help me either.

Best regards,

Frederico
--
Linux User #228171
Debian-BR User #434

"Liberdade, essa palavra que o sonho humano alimenta, que não há
ninguém que explique e ninguém que não entenda." (Cecília Meireles)