[gcompris-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Gcompris mirror at Sugarlabs

Sérgio Durigan Júnior sergiosdj at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 22:04:03 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 7:23 PM, Bruno Coudoin <bruno.coudoin at free.fr> wrote:
> Le jeudi 12 novembre 2009 à 16:42 -0200, Sérgio Durigan Júnior a écrit :
>> Hello guys,
>>
>> For those of you who intend to develop new things to Gcompris, you can
>> now make use of the new mirror repository at Sugarlabs.  I still have
>> to set up the automatic update for this, but it shouldn't take long
>> for that to be working.  The URL for this is:
>>
>> http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/gcompris
>>
>> The interesting thing is that you can create your own clone repository
>> from this one and starting working on it.  In other words, you will
>> have commit access to the repository and will not have to keep your
>> things local.  Anyway, I hope it can be useful for you.  Feel free to
>> contact me if you have any questions.
>
> Thanks for the tip. I don't see personally a need for this but other may
> appreciate it.

Yeah, some people just don't need this kind of thing, but the main
reason I decided to do it is because, as I've been working on the
colorblind support for Gcompris, I noticed that it would be good to
have my work stored in some place.  As I don't have commit access to
GNOME git, I decided to push my development branch to gitorious.
However, the Gcompris repository is very big, and then I thought:
"Hey, there should be more people interested in having their own
personal branch of Gcompris in order to develop things".  That's why I
created this mirror:  because everyone can get access to the Sugarlabs
git (it's just a matter of creating an user), and can clone the
Gcompris mirror repository.

I hope my decision makes sense now.  Of course, it shouldn't be needed
if the Gcompris repo had just a few megabytes :-).

Unfortunately, due to the old version of git that Sugarlabs is
running, the mirror is still not fully functional (I wasn't able to
push all the branches, so only the "master" is available now), but I'm
working towards solving this issue.

Thank you!