[gcompris-devel] Delay code while playing gc_bonus_display animation

julien forgeat julienforgeat at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 18:11:27 UTC 2009

2009/11/6 José JORGE <lists.jjorge at free.fr>:
> A Thursday 5 November 2009 15:46:22, julien forgeat escreveu:
>> I have also considered that but I would have to make sure that 8.5
>> compiles well on my target OS, I am mostly working with Gdiums, our
>> current OS is a Mandriva 2008.1 port that runs GCompris 8.4.4 and we
>> will have 8.4.9 in the next OS release. Is it difficult to port an
>> activity from 8.4 to 8.5? Do you think 8.5 might have some
>> dependencies issues with a relatively old OS?
>
> I am using still Mandriva 2008.1, and provide more recent RPMS (8.4.13) of
> gcompris for it : http://jjorge.free.fr/packages/ . Rpms are not signed, but
> I provide SRPMS ;-)
>
> I had a 8.5 branch compiling and working on this system, I think it still just
> works by now ;-)
>
> Between, why don't Gdium get upstream (Mandriva) updates? I have also tried a
> Hercules eCafe, that didn't get any update ... this is bad!
>
> José

Hi José

The Gdium will get a Mandriva 2009.1 upgrade pretty soon (we are close
to the RC phase) but it takes time and resources to patch the kernel,
recompile everything and test. It will also take time to have a nice
Chinese localization (I am deploying GCompris in Chinese schools) so I
don't expect using 2009.1 before the first 2010 quarter.

It's good news that you managed to have 8.5 run on Mandriva 2008
though, I will give it a try on the Gdium

Thanks,

Julien