[gcompris-devel] gitting 8.5

julien forgeat julienforgeat at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 14:15:33 UTC 2009

Hi,

Following my questions on the integration of news activities in
Gcompris, I have tried to get and build 8.5 but I have issues with
git. As described in the wiki, I have done the following:

  git clone git://git.gnome.org/gcompris
  cd gcompris
  sh autogen.sh && make

At this stage, 8.4.13 compiles fine, then I did:

  git checkout -b gcomprixogoo origin/gcomprixogo

But I got an error:

  fatal: git checkout: updating paths is incompatible with switching branches.
  Did you intend to checkout 'origin/gcomprixogo' which can not be
resolved as commit?

I am new with git, am I doing something wrong?

Cheers,

Julien