[gcompris-devel] Would like to contribute on translation

Manuel Chagas mhchagas at clix.pt
Mon Mar 9 22:33:33 UTC 2009

Hello José,

I was not trying to be cute, just giving credit for a good job. In fact
the trigger for my offering was the recent attention in the media. But
rather than complaining for something that I have been using for free,
it makes perfect sense to help and contribute to it.

Having said that, I am a bit lost on the tools needed and the people
involved. By reading the thread I see different people from different
groups and since this would be my first time on such a task, perhaps it
is best to start small? I don't mind taking the more mechanical part of
work as long as in the end I will come up with a proper translation
update.

For instance, I downloaded the source of gcompris from here
( http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=6865&package_id=6964&release_id=666808 ) and opened the pt.po file with a plain text editor. By quickly browsing the file, I was able to find translation errors on lines 425, 585 and 590. Should I just correct it and save? How do I submit the new file?

By the way, this file has been changed recently and the quality is very
good - not trying to be cute! Would rate it a 4 out of 5.

Kind regards to all,

Manuel Chagas