[gcompris-devel] GCompris: Request for translation update

Karl Ove Hufthammer karl at huftis.org
Sun Feb 22 21:00:36 UTC 2009

Torsdag 19. februar 2009 skreiv Bruno Coudoin:
>We are about to make a new release of GCompris on March 6th. We have
>some new features that requires a translation update.

I’m working on an updated Norwegian Nynorsk translation, but found some rather
strange strings:

  Ambrosius Bosschaert, The Elder - 1614

The actual title of work is ‘Flower Still Life’. It is ambrosius himself that
is the elder!

The same error is present in another string that contains

  Artist: Ambrosius Bosschaert. Title: The Elder. Licence: Public Domain.

This same string also contains the ‘name’

  Bruegel d. Ä.

The actual name should be ‘Pieter Bruegel’ or ‘Pieter Bruegel the Elder’.
‘d. Ä’ is just a German abbreviation meaning ‘the elder’.

The string also contains

  Malissin et frédéric Valdes. Licence: Free but requires the site and author.

Firstly, ‘frédéric‘ should probably have a capital ‘F‘. Also, why use an image
with such harsh conditions of use? The image is available at other places
without such limitations, e.g. English Wikipedia at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:The_Lady_and_the_unicorn_Desire.jpg which
also have much better quality.

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer