[gcompris-devel] writing tutor

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Sat Apr 4 21:31:15 UTC 2009

Le vendredi 03 avril 2009 à 21:56 +0200, Jozef Cerven a écrit :
> hello everybody,
>
> before some time i have created set of Gcompris activities called Writing Tutor.
> it was subject of my diploma thesis,  and the aim was to allow
> childrens write letters/patterns throught graphics tablet and computer
> evaluates correctness by interactive form. interesting idea.
> details: http://gcompris.net/wiki/index.php/Writing_tutor

This is a very exiting development but very complex to get done right.
You made already a lot and I hope our little community will bring it
further, up to the children hands.

> it was working prototype with some bugs, later i have send it to Bruno
> Coudoin and together with Jorge Mariano some improvements was done.
> but i am still very busy  and i have time problem with seriously
> coding/testing, but i am able to help to somebody with this.
>
> i would be good if someone can continue with writing tutor improvement.
>
> actual status of writing tutor is that in my computer there is working
>  2 activities with writing recognition.
> but Jorge reported me that it is not working on his computer.
> first task is: make working installable "package" -> then will be
> possible to test it seriously.

Yes, this is the way to go. We need to make your tutor works fine. I
made some little changes the latest work I got from you and was able to
enter the image_match activity.

By the way, we also need to port it the the GCompris 8.5 branch thus
porting it from the gnomecanvas to the goocanvas.

Here is the latest code I got from you, let us know if you have a newer
release before we start working on it:
http://gcompris.net/incoming/tutor-2009-04-04.tgz

--
Bruno Coudoin