[gcompris-devel] writing tutor

Jozef Cerven jcmail80 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 19:56:23 UTC 2009

hello everybody,

before some time i have created set of Gcompris activities called Writing Tutor.
it was subject of my diploma thesis,  and the aim was to allow
childrens write letters/patterns throught graphics tablet and computer
evaluates correctness by interactive form. interesting idea.
details: http://gcompris.net/wiki/index.php/Writing_tutor

it was working prototype with some bugs, later i have send it to Bruno
Coudoin and together with Jorge Mariano some improvements was done.
but i am still very busy  and i have time problem with seriously
coding/testing, but i am able to help to somebody with this.

i would be good if someone can continue with writing tutor improvement.

actual status of writing tutor is that in my computer there is working
 2 activities with writing recognition.
but Jorge reported me that it is not working on his computer.
first task is: make working installable "package" -> then will be
possible to test it seriously.
next steps are adding new functionality.

i look forward for your help ;)
thanks,

jozef.