[gcompris-devel] GCompris Chess & Sudoku activities being considered for G1G1

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Tue Sep 23 23:13:28 UTC 2008

Le mercredi 24 septembre 2008 à 00:26 +0200, Bruno Coudoin a écrit :
> Le mardi 23 septembre 2008 à 11:08 +0200, Morgan Collett a écrit :
> > Hi Bruno
> >
> > We are about to release 8.2 for the XO. GCompris Chess and Sudoku are
> > being considered for inclusion for preinstallation for G1G1. We need
> > to know if you have tested and verified that they are working with
> > 8.2-759 or later (for instructions on downloading 8.2 release, see:
> > http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Friends_in_testing).
> >
> > The basic activity test is defined here:
> >
> > http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Test_cases_8.2.0#Activities
> >
> > If you have tested them and confirmed that they work, please reply
> > ASAP. Include the version # of the activity and a link to the .xo
> > file.
>
> I just uploaded a new release set of all GCompris activities, including
> the full bundle. These now have the activity_version set to 9 and the
> license field to GPLv3+.
>
> Sadly, GCompris activity startup sequence is broken on this release,
> none of the 2 activities you selected works anymore. No idea why yet.

OK, I got the traces.

When I run the sudoku I get into this bug, my olpc is frozen for maybe a
minute:
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7251

When I run the chess_computer activity, I have an error complaining that
check_bundle_id isalnum() fails. Does that mean _ are no more accepted
in a bundle name ? If this on purpose ?

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net Free educational software for kids