[gcompris-devel] Introduction voice set

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Sun Sep 28 23:47:57 UTC 2008

A long standing remark I hear concerning GCompris is that it's sometimes
hard to understand what must be done in an activity. Of course we have
the internal help but it is not appropriate for smaller kids. Having a
small spoken introduction may let the children to not stop an activity
without having an idea of it's goal.

To this end, my wife Zohra has written an introduction for most of the
activities. She also recorded it in French and English and I have
entered them in our trunk. If you compile GCompris now, you will be able
to test this. Just enter an activity to ear it.

This is a starting point, it needs to be refined and I just opened a
page on our wiki to track this:
http://gcompris.net/wiki/index.php/Voices_translation

Some texts are too longs and some are missing. If someone is interested
in this task, please go ahead and edit the wiki to complete this work.

Once we are happy on the texts, we will ask help for the recording.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net Free educational software for kids