[gcompris-devel] [Announce GCompris 8.3.4]

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Tue Feb 12 23:06:36 UTC 2008

This is a minor bugfixes release.

New in 8.4.3:
* Fixed many potential crash of GCompris in the key_press activity
  callback.
* Fixed fallback directory for English locale
* Ed Montgomery created the canada region map for the
  geography country activity.
* Voices: Now package voices files above 10, they are used
   by the algebra activity. Thanks Mariusz for noticing this.
* Chess: The left lower corner square (a1 in algebraic notation) is now
   in the dark color

Translations:
*  Anand Kulkarni added support for Urdu including voices.
* added bulgarian voices made by Iassen Kertov

By the way, I just counted and we now have the voices in 27 different
languages and 48 properly updated translations.

I will create soon a 8.3.5 release for Windows that contains these
modifications.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net Free educational software for kids