[gcompris-devel] Introduction / German wiki page

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Mon Feb 11 20:37:28 UTC 2008

Le lundi 11 février 2008 à 19:21 +0100, Lars Vogdt a écrit :
> Hi GCompris Developers!
>
> My name is Lars Vogdt and I'm packaging GCompris for the openSUSE-Education
> project [1]. So if you get any problem reports from openSUSE users, feel
> free to redirect them to me or our butracker[2]... :-)

Thanks, glad to see you there. We definitly need a closer relationship
with packagers. GCompris is a complex beast, there are a lot of reason
to miss one point in the packaging process.

To that end, I started a page in our wiki to give some help to our nice
packagers:
http://gcompris.net/wiki/index.php/Manual_test

Feel free to complete it if you have more ideas.

> To thank you for this great programm, I've copied the german translation of
> the GCOmpris manual [3] in the GCompris Wiki. (BTW: your spam filter
> prevents me from using "ford" in the text, so I have to rewrite some
> paragraphs).

True, I had to fight an Italian spammer a few monthes ago who tried to
use our wiki as a car shop.

I just relaxed our spam filter rules to allow 'ford' again.

>  As both texts are under GFDL and I'm the original translator,
> this should be ok. Hopefully I can add the images to the texts later on.

Yes please, that is easy to do, just look at the english version to grab
the wiki codes.

> Regards and thanks again,

You are welcome. We need packagers to make sure GCompris works fine out
of the boxs on all the distributions.