[gcompris-devel] Using GCompris in Ubuntu

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Wed Feb 13 20:29:18 UTC 2008

Le mardi 12 février 2008 à 20:31 -0500, Bill Malenfant a écrit :
> Having difficulty with the color matching mosaic.  The activity starts
> but turns off as soon as the space is clicked to place the first tile.

I can confirm the problem and i don't understand what's going on.

I have reproduced the bug on my Ubuntu gutsy. I tested with the latest
GCompris 8.3 and 8.4 and it's the same. Strangely, the bug does not
happens when I run GCompris from the source directory (not installed).

It crashes exactly in src/boards/canvas.c:_wrap_gnome_canvas_item_set()
at the line: type = G_OBJECT_TYPE(item);

I was able to fix it by changing the python activity code. The item was
passed two times to the function, I now use the one given by GTK and
removed the user supplied one. It's still unclear why it crashed anyway.

Could you please open a bug at Ubuntu and please not that it will be
fixed in upcoming GCompris 8.3.5 and 8.4.4.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net Free educational software for kids