[gcompris-devel] help needed for making debian package

Ankit Sahai ankitsahai85 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 04:25:35 UTC 2008

let me start from the beginning.

Actually I have gcompris-8.4.2.tar.gz including files for hindi version of
Gcompris. I installed it on my debian pc having kernel version *2.6.21-1-486
*. It shows :

*libgtk2.0-dev and libgstreamer0.10-dev are not installed*.

So I connected to

*deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian etch main *

and installed both of these packages without any problem.After that I
issued the following commands  :

#./configure
#make
#make install

Gcompris get installed.

After that, I translated the game in punjabi and put pa.po file in pa
directory. In voice directory also I have put the
pa folder having all the necessary .ogg files.After that I installed
it on the same debian machine i.e 2.6.21-1-486 using
the above commnads. Gcompris gets installed and punjabi version is working.

Now I want to make debian package of it. So please help me to make it.
What are the steps to follow to make the debian package
from this.

And the other problem that I aam facing is that I am not able to
install Gcompris-8.4.2.tar.gz having hindi files on debian PC
having *kernel version 2.6.22-3-486*.

When issuing the ./configure command it shows :

*libgtk2.0-dev and libgstreamer0.10-dev are not installed.

*After adding the repository on my sources.list file as I used earlier
and tring to install these packages using :*

#apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev

*The output of this is enclosed as an attachment to this mail.

**