[gcompris-devel] Makefile.am in src/gcompris

Terje Bergström terje at terje.fi
Wed Sep 26 17:43:43 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 25 September 2007 22:49:47 Bruno Coudoin wrote:
> What is slow specifically. We have also slowness issues on the OLPC XO.
> On the XO for example the crane activity is unplayable. We could easily
> remove animations in it and perhaps implement a --noamination runtime
> flag that activity could check and disable their animations.

Hi,

When I choose an activity, it takes very long for the activity to start. In
activities, all interaction is very slow --- for example in puzzle when I
drag&drop a piece, it takes several seconds for the piece to actually go
where I dropped it.

The preferences window takes ages to start & draw.

The list goes on...

Basically, it seems that almost everything is slow. But then again, it's a
330MHz processor, so it is bound to be much slower than normal PCs.

Turning music off seems to help a bit, but not much. Perhaps I should still
test with no sounds and see if the time is wasted on sound effects.

Best regards,
Terje