[gcompris-devel] Makefile.am in src/gcompris

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Tue Sep 25 19:49:47 UTC 2007

Le mardi 25 septembre 2007 à 07:58 +0300, Terje Bergström a écrit :
> While discussing Makefiles, I got frustrated about slow gcompris on
> N800, and tried to play with optimization flag.

What is slow specifically. We have also slowness issues on the OLPC XO.
On the XO for example the crane activity is unplayable. We could easily
remove animations in it and perhaps implement a --noamination runtime
flag that activity could check and disable their animations.

I don't know yet is there is a better way to solve this but I don't see
this as a huge code change because thanks to my laziness there are not
many animations.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net Free educational software for kids