[gcompris-devel] Makefile.am in src/gcompris

Yavor Doganov yavor at gnu.org
Tue Sep 25 20:49:57 UTC 2007

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 10:35:25PM +0200, Patrick GOLDBRONN wrote:
> > CFLAGS=$cflags_previous
> > LIBS=$libs_previous
> >
> > actually overwrite anything that a user specifies and set it to an
> > empty string.  Simply deleting them solves the problem for me, and the
> > user-specified values propagate to all sub-make invocations.
>
> This lines is to go back to previous one if any (user defined),
> because they has been modified.

My theory is that this is a remnant from the SDL check, which has been
removed.  Since these variables (*flags_previous) are not set
anywhere, we observe this behaviour.

> I have do a simple test :
> CFLAGS="-foo" /home/gcompris/configure
> And I find this option (-foo) in all generated Makefile.

Are you sure you actually tried that?  On a pristine unpacked 8.4:

$ CFLAGS="-foo" ./configure
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles...
no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name...
See `config.log' for more details.

Which is quite logical.  Anyway, try with actual flags that will pass
the compiler test and investigate the generated Makefiles.