[gcompris-devel] Makefile.am in src/gcompris

Patrick GOLDBRONN pgoldbronn at free.fr
Tue Sep 25 20:35:25 UTC 2007

Yavor Doganov a écrit :
> =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Terje_Bergstr=F6m?= wrote:
>> I used equivalent of
>>
>> CFLAGS=options ./configure
>
> FWIW, this should be `./configure CFLAGS=...', as mentioned several
> times in the Autoconf manual.  For a Debian package it doesn't matter
> much, because dpkg-buildpackage calls the clean target which usually
> has a command `$(MAKE) distclean'.
>
>> I don't think CFLAGS is set when running "make".
>
> Right, thanks for spotting this.  I think that these lines in
> configure.in
>
> CFLAGS=$cflags_previous
> LIBS=$libs_previous
>
> actually overwrite anything that a user specifies and set it to an
> empty string.  Simply deleting them solves the problem for me, and the
> user-specified values propagate to all sub-make invocations.

This lines is to go back to previous one if any (user defined), because
they has been modified.

I have do a simple test :
CFLAGS="-foo" /home/gcompris/configure
And I find this option (-foo) in all generated Makefile.

autoconf and automake take care of CFLAGS (and others), before or after
command ./configure :-)

> As a workaround in your case, if you don't want to modify the build
> system, you can run make (in the `build' or `build-stamp' target) like
> this:
>
> build-stamp:
>
> 	$(MAKE) CFLAGS="..."
>
> I don't know how to do that with CDBS though, I dislike it very much
> and never used it.

Terje, could you test if launching directly configure (as I do) work
fine or not.
I see your log. I don't know the debian packaging tools, but the command
line with configure seems to be right :-(

Patrick.