[gcompris-devel] Makefile.am in src/gcompris

Patrick GOLDBRONN pgoldbronn at free.fr
Tue Sep 25 21:20:14 UTC 2007

Yavor Doganov a écrit :
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 10:35:25PM +0200, Patrick GOLDBRONN wrote:
>>> CFLAGS=$cflags_previous
>>> LIBS=$libs_previous
>>>
>>> actually overwrite anything that a user specifies and set it to an
>>> empty string.  Simply deleting them solves the problem for me, and the
>>> user-specified values propagate to all sub-make invocations.
>> This lines is to go back to previous one if any (user defined),
>> because they has been modified.
>
> My theory is that this is a remnant from the SDL check, which has been
> removed.  Since these variables (*flags_previous) are not set
> anywhere, we observe this behaviour.
>
>> I have do a simple test :
>> CFLAGS="-foo" /home/gcompris/configure
>> And I find this option (-foo) in all generated Makefile.
>
> Are you sure you actually tried that?  On a pristine unpacked 8.4:
>
> $ CFLAGS="-foo" ./configure
> checking target system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
> checking for gawk... gawk
> checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles...
> no
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking for C compiler default output file name...
> See `config.log' for more details.
>
> Which is quite logical.  Anyway, try with actual flags that will pass
> the compiler test and investigate the generated Makefiles.

In fact I use CFLAGS='-toto', but toto is my french "anything", so I
replace it by english foo :-)

Very strange that gcc works with french stupid word and not english ;-)

You have right it must not work with this stupid option :-(

Nevrtheless, I work with svn version, and configure.in have change (in
particular the two line you have write and I did not see in my file :
CFLAGS=$cflags_previous and LIBS=$libs_previous), so Terje should remove
this line from configure.in to build this pakage right, I hope !

Best regards,

Patrick