[gcompris-devel] Makefile.am in src/gcompris

Yavor Doganov yavor at gnu.org
Tue Sep 25 19:57:42 UTC 2007

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Terje_Bergstr=F6m?= wrote:

> I used equivalent of
>
> CFLAGS=options ./configure

FWIW, this should be `./configure CFLAGS=...', as mentioned several
times in the Autoconf manual.  For a Debian package it doesn't matter
much, because dpkg-buildpackage calls the clean target which usually
has a command `$(MAKE) distclean'.

> I don't think CFLAGS is set when running "make".

Right, thanks for spotting this.  I think that these lines in
configure.in

CFLAGS=$cflags_previous
LIBS=$libs_previous

actually overwrite anything that a user specifies and set it to an
empty string.  Simply deleting them solves the problem for me, and the
user-specified values propagate to all sub-make invocations.

As a workaround in your case, if you don't want to modify the build
system, you can run make (in the `build' or `build-stamp' target) like
this:

build-stamp:

	$(MAKE) CFLAGS="..."

I don't know how to do that with CDBS though, I dislike it very much
and never used it.