[gcompris-devel] Performance issues

Terje Bergström terje at terje.fi
Sun Oct 7 12:26:21 UTC 2007

On Sunday 07 October 2007 14:56:33 Terje Bergström wrote:
> I get a printout in display_confirm() at beginning, and after about half a
> second in the end of display_confirm(). After this it still takes three
> seconds for the display to pop up. I don't yet know what happens during
> those three seconds, or how to even find out.

I did come up with one possible slowdown.

gcompris has one root canvas, and when a confirmation query is displayed, its
canvas items are put to the same tree of canvas items as the main canvas.
This could mean that there is a large amount of canvas items in one item tree
and this causes slowdown.

If I figure out how to, I'll try putting confirmation query to a new window
(or Gtk frame?) and see if libgnomecanvas can handle that better.

Best regards,
Terje