[gcompris-devel] Performance issues

Terje Bergström terje at terje.fi
Sun Oct 7 11:56:33 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 03 October 2007 23:57:45 Bruno Coudoin wrote:
> The database includes the GCompris release and we refresh it if the
> running version doesn't match the database. There are no post install
> script to do, the issue is only for developers.

Yes, I intended to add the postinstall script so that it gets automatically
run after installing. So not visible to users at all.

Another choice would be to start modifying VERSION in config.h, I guess. This
way new packaging version (currently 8.4-1, next will be 8.4-2) would
automatically force a refresh of the database. Which would you prefer?

> Perhaps it's a canvas refresh issue. I don't know. You can try to locate
> a slow location and add a printout in the console to try to determine
> better where the delay comes from.

I took confirmation display as example, i.e. the one that pops up when for
example pressing exit.

I get a printout in display_confirm() at beginning, and after about half a
second in the end of display_confirm(). After this it still takes three
seconds for the display to pop up. I don't yet know what happens during those
three seconds, or how to even find out.

Best regards,
Terje