[gcompris-devel] bug in 8.4.2 version

José JORGE jjorge at free.fr
Thu Nov 15 20:40:46 UTC 2007

activity reading/click_on_letter : the sound of the letters is not possible to
be heard (only half of the sound is played). Looks like the very short ogg
files are badly played by gstreamer-0.10.

Converting files to wav, even keeping the .ogg extension solved the problem
for me. But we really need a good way to play sounds for all. Bruno, I know
you worked hard on voices to gain space, but maybe we should switch every
short sounds (letters and numbers at least) to wav?

At least Mandriva 2008.0 is bringing gstreamer based gcompris, and so a big
problem on sounds...

José