[gcompris-devel] String freeze, call for translation for GCompris 8.4 Final

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Thu Aug 30 22:02:37 UTC 2007

Le lundi 20 août 2007 à 18:07 +0200, Ronny Standtke a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I updated the German translation and gave GCompris another short test run.
> Here are the problems I encountered:
>
> 1) In the cronos board there is the (wrong) German string "Die Automobil".
> This string never shows up in the de.po file.

Fixed.

> 2) Opening the help in the algorithm board skips a level.

Fixed.

> 3) The item tooltips on the left hand side of the geography board are not
> translated.

Already fixed.

> 4) When inserting items in the doublentry board, there is a focus offset to
> the right, e.g. items want to go to column 2 when mouse and item are still
> centered over column 1.

True, it was the case for all shapegame activities but was less visible
when objects are not so close. It was missing a X offset coming from the
box of shapes on the left.

> 5) In the doubleentry board level 3 I am supposed to listen to the coordinates
> for the items. The problem is that nobody says anything here.

Ouch, it was broken for a while. It's almost fixed for LATIN country but
there is an I18N issue there. In the activity data it's written to play
a.ogg but what we really expect is the first letter of the current
alphabet. Don't know how to fix that because it's defined in a shapegame
dataset, not hardcoded in the activity code.

> 6) Level skipping at the last level is handled very inconsistent. Some boards
> (e.g. geography) exit, some boards (e.g. leftright) restart.

This one is won't fix for now. We will have to work that out for the
GCompris 8.5 which will support OLPC/Sugar.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net Free educational software for kids