[gcompris-devel] String freeze, call for translation for GCompris 8.4 Final

Ronny Standtke Ronny.Standtke at gmx.net
Fri Aug 31 20:15:45 UTC 2007

Hi all,

> > 3) The item tooltips on the left hand side of the geography board are not
> > translated.
>
> Already fixed.

The tooltips are now translated but the background shape does not adapt to the
text metrics. This way the tooltip background shape is sometimes too small
(see attached screenshot).

> > 5) In the doubleentry board level 3 I am supposed to listen to the
> > coordinates for the items. The problem is that nobody says anything here.
>
> Ouch, it was broken for a while. It's almost fixed for LATIN country but
> there is an I18N issue there. In the activity data it's written to play
> a.ogg but what we really expect is the first letter of the current
> alphabet. Don't know how to fix that because it's defined in a shapegame
> dataset, not hardcoded in the activity code.

I tested the German version and now all coordinates are spoken with the
exception of A3. Is this what you mean by "almost fixed" or is this another
bug?

Greetings

Ronny