[gcompris-devel] Re: [Ofset-members] The OFSET web site, the next move

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Sun Mar 21 13:36:07 UTC 2004

Just though of another tool to evaluate, wikipedia. It's the engine that
runs the famous wikipedia:
http://wikipedia.sourceforge.net/features.html

As seen in the list, it has already:
Support for mathematical formulas using LaTeX. These are rendered as
HTML, PNG or LaTeX source depending on user preferences.

Hehe, one week end left for Hilaire not having to code this ;)

I have no idea how scalable is glasnost especially since it do not use a
SQL database.

If sucessfull, this project may become very popular and reach an
audience we never had before (end user/teachers). Just for gcompris,
there is already 1500 articles (50 activities * 30 languages).

So it's important to check the system scalability as well as
functionnality.

Bruno.