[gcompris-devel] Log Module for gcompris

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Tue Jan 20 17:13:01 UTC 2004

Le mer 21/01/2004 à 01:55, Olivier Samyn a écrit :
> Hello Bruno,
>
> Bruno Coudoin wrote:
>
> >Le mar 20/01/2004 à 09:01, Olivier Samyn a écrit :
> >

> >>Hello Bruno,
> >>
> >>I began,  yesterday, to check and update the python wrapper and his docs...
> >>So I will add those new functions in it :)
> >>

> >Thanks a lot.
> >Unfortunatly, I made several other changes in the API. I remember I sent
> >you a mail about that, do you have it ?
> >

> I don't find the email back... (I probably have it somewhere but do not
> took time to do a full search)

Can't find it either. As far as I remember, the most important is a bug
in the python part where it stops working when you enter a key.
This is strange and could not track it further but in all python boards,
if you hit any key, then it stops working for a while. It seems there is
a python error on the next executed code after the key is entered (work
best with alt-tab event).

> >I suggest that from now, ANY changes to the API between gcompris core
> >and the boards must be noted in your document docs/C/python.xml
> >and be marked "not implemented" if there is not yet a python binding.
> >This way it will be easy for us to keep the doc up todate  and make your
> >life easier.
> >

> Or maybe just a simple email saying what are the new/modified
> functions... This way I will be able to provide you some wrapper and
> sync the docs.

OK if you prefer.

> Nice it works (but take some time to prepare the log...)
Yes it goes online in the cvs to make some magic stuff.

> Also, I just commited some minor changes to the python wrapper, here is
> the changelog:
>
> 2004-01-21  Olivier Samyn  <osamyn at easynet.be>
>
>         * docs/C/python.html: synced docs with code
>         * docs/C/python.xml: synced docs with code
>         * src/boards/py-mod-gcompris.c: (py_gcompris_bar_set_repeat_icon),
>         (py_gcompris_get_user_default_locale),
>         (py_gcompris_log_set_reason), (py_gcompris_log_end): wrapped
> some new functions
>         * src/boards/py-mod-utils.c: (py_gcompris_item_rotate_relative),
>         (py_gcompris_item_rotate_relative_with_center),
>         (py_gcompris_load_pixmap_asset), (py_gcompris_get_asset_file):
> wrapped some new functions

> As you can see I just added some missing functions coming with the
> latest gcompris changes (log, repeat icon, ...)
> and synced the docs with the implemented functions;:

Excelent.

> Also, I noticed new properties.[ch] files containing some types and
> functions.
> What are they used for ? is it usefull to create a python wrapper ? and
> if yes, which functions are usefull ?

Not usefull at all. This is a rewrite of the config file parser without
gnome. It's gcompris core only. Boards access the GcomprisProperties
struct.

> All for today job :)

Good job ;). I feel less alone on the code.