[gcompris-devel] Log Module for gcompris

Olivier Samyn osamyn at easynet.be
Tue Jan 20 16:52:02 UTC 2004

Hello Bruno,

Bruno Coudoin wrote:

>Le mar 20/01/2004 à 09:01, Olivier Samyn a écrit :
>

>>Hello Bruno,
>>
>>I began,  yesterday, to check and update the python wrapper and his docs...
>>So I will add those new functions in it :)
>>

>Thanks a lot.
>Unfortunatly, I made several other changes in the API. I remember I sent
>you a mail about that, do you have it ?

I don't find the email back... (I probably have it somewhere but do not
took time to do a full search)

>I suggest that from now, ANY changes to the API between gcompris core
>and the boards must be noted in your document docs/C/python.xml
>and be marked "not implemented" if there is not yet a python binding.
>This way it will be easy for us to keep the doc up todate  and make your
>life easier.

Or maybe just a simple email saying what are the new/modified
functions... This way I will be able to provide you some wrapper and
sync the docs.

>>A last question: how do you create the ChangeLog file ? manually edited ?
>>

>I use a script named prepare-ChangeLog.pl at top gcompris directory. I
>just commited it in case other want to use it.
>You run it once you made your changes. I prepares it and you just need
>to add your comments then commit.

Nice it works (but take some time to prepare the log...)

Also, I just commited some minor changes to the python wrapper, here is
the changelog:

2004-01-21  Olivier Samyn  <osamyn at easynet.be>

        * docs/C/python.html: synced docs with code
        * docs/C/python.xml: synced docs with code
        * src/boards/py-mod-gcompris.c: (py_gcompris_bar_set_repeat_icon),
        (py_gcompris_get_user_default_locale),
        (py_gcompris_log_set_reason), (py_gcompris_log_end): wrapped
some new functions
        * src/boards/py-mod-utils.c: (py_gcompris_item_rotate_relative),
        (py_gcompris_item_rotate_relative_with_center),
        (py_gcompris_load_pixmap_asset), (py_gcompris_get_asset_file):
wrapped some new functions

As you can see I just added some missing functions coming with the
latest gcompris changes (log, repeat icon, ...)
and synced the docs with the implemented functions;:

Also, I noticed new properties.[ch] files containing some types and
functions.
What are they used for ? is it usefull to create a python wrapper ? and
if yes, which functions are usefull ?

All for today job :)

Olivier