[gcompris-devel] Log Module for gcompris

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Tue Jan 20 14:56:02 UTC 2004

Le mar 20/01/2004 à 09:01, Olivier Samyn a écrit :
> Hello Bruno,
>
> I began,  yesterday, to check and update the python wrapper and his docs...
> So I will add those new functions in it :)

Thanks a lot.
Unfortunatly, I made several other changes in the API. I remember I sent
you a mail about that, do you have it ?

I suggest that from now, ANY changes to the API between gcompris core
and the boards must be noted in your document docs/C/python.xml
and be marked "not implemented" if there is not yet a python binding.
This way it will be easy for us to keep the doc up todate  and make your
life easier.

> For xml output and so on, why not to use an external program that will
> interpret the whole raw log file and generate something more readable ?
> just like what is done with for example apache logs ?

Yes, sure, it's the ultimate goal but we have to go step by step. Seeing
the whole complexity of this kind of think usually makes me stop.
As for XML, for now it's not usefull. BTW, Apache to not use XML.

> A last question: how do you create the ChangeLog file ? manually edited ?

I use a script named prepare-ChangeLog.pl at top gcompris directory. I
just commited it in case other want to use it.
You run it once you made your changes. I prepares it and you just need
to add your comments then commit.